We get the question quite often abnout how many batteries are required for an RV to run all night long.
This question requires a decent amount of information to get an accurate or even realistic answer.
Here are a few items to consider when looking to get an idea on RV Battery Bank sizing:
- How many amps are you looking to draw per hour?
- What devices are you looking to run?
- What type of battery did you choose for your RV?
- How many hours do you consider overnight?
- Will you have a generator or some other type of secondary charger?
- Will your load decrease during the night?
These questions will determine how large of a battery bank you will need. Depending on the battery type you choose and what items you run will determine how many Amp Hours your battery bank will need to be drained less than 50%. Many batteries should not be drained more than half way unless you like purchasing new batteries all the time.