An RV unit that is labeled as being ready for solar panels is one where some of the solar wiring and mounting areas may have been completed for you in advance. This may belong to several programs like wired for solar or pre-wired for solar. These programs allow an owner to have an easier time installing a solar panel because of preparation that was done to make the RV solar-ready. This can include the following types of wiring and setups for an RV.
Some items in an RV that may be involved to make it prepared for solar.
- Pre wired from roof to controller
- MC-4 wiring circuit from roof to battery
- Areas of an RV’s roof made rigid for easier panel installs
- Locations for installation of charge controller
- Heavier duty wiring between charge controller location and battery
- Fusing of battery wire to charge controller
- Circuit breaker for Solar Panel array cabling.
- Portable solar kit wiring