Here is the most asked question we receive on our site about RV Solar.
Q: How much Solar do I need for my RV?
The answer is actually pretty simple. On a home the limit and calculations vary significantly, but on a RV there is a finite amount of roof space available to layout your solar panels. Usually there is also a finite amount of money that one wants to spend on their RV Solar project.
These are the main 2 factors that we discuss in our article Sizing Your RV Solar System that control the limits of solar on a mobile application.
There are other factors to consider as well in a complete study of your needs:
- What is my total usage of watts per day?
- How many Amp Hours of Batteries will I have in my RV?
- What part of the country will you be camping?
- How much offgrid camping do you want to do?
- Will you have a generator to supplement charging during inclement weather?
As you can see there are a lot of factors that go into a precise calculation of how much solar you need.